EtP is a registered, not-for-profit foundation in India with 80g and 12A exemption, dedicated to protecting and promoting contemporary photography and allied art forms, initiated and managed by a team of photographers, artists, historians, writers, academicians and management experts. Challenging the common venue-based approaches and stepping aside the grand narratives and agendas, we have been standing as a collective creative force that organises pioneering local, public-centered photo-art projects. Our collaborative projects aim to enrich contemporary photographic practice and to raise awareness about its importance among the public.
In the last seven years, we have been:
1. Supporting contemporary photographers to archive their life and work
2. Creating and preserving photographic visuals of South India and connected overseas cultures
3. Rejuvenating traditional analogue photography
4. Taking contemporary photo-art, its aesthetics, and practices to wider Indian and International audience, and
5. Providing a platform for photographers to learn and share
Our area of operation spreads across South India and its connected cross-border cultures. Our Head Office is in Tiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu and at present we are in the process of setting up a secondary office in Thrissur, Kerala. EtP started with no corpus fund and so far we have been managing our projects with the support of photographers, photo-enthusiasts, public and government/cultural organisations.